iPhoto Mailer Patcher in iPhoto 5
iPhotoMailerBefore Christmas, I blogged about iPhoto Mailer Patcher. It was a time to share the love.
iPhoto Mailer Patcher is an AppleScript-based utility for iPhoto that allows you to set Claris Emailer, GyazMail, Mailsmith, Outlook Express, PowerMail or QuickMail Pro as the default email client to which iPhoto sends resized images for you to email.
By default, iPhoto only supports Eudora, Mail.app, Entourage and AOL.
But the Patcher only works with iPhoto 4. To get it work with iPhoto 5 you will need to follow the instructions left by the developer Simon Jacquier in the comments to the original post.
The instructions and some screenshots follow the jump.
1. Open the iPhoto package by Command-clicking on its icon in your Applications folder and Selecting “Show package contents”
2. Browse to Contents/Resources/ and find the ClientAppSignatures.plist.
3. Open it (make a backup first) and add these lines just before the < /dict > tag:
4. Download the patch for iPhoto 4 and open its package (as above in Step 1)
5. Dig inside and you will find an AppleScript and a TIFF file for each of the mail clients.
Take the two files for your preferred client and drop them in iPhoto’s Contents/Resources/Script folder. Or take all of them. You never know how fashions will change.
If all goes well, at the end you will see the following drop down box in the General Pane of iPhoto’s Preferences and can select the mail client of your choice:
Tags: applescript, Claris Emailer, GyazMail, iphoto, Mailsmith, powermail, QuickMail Pro
* iPhoto Mailer Patcher: email pics for (almost) everyone
* iPhoto Mailer Patcher 4.1: Use iPhoto with more email clients
* On Emailing Photos with Mail.app
* iCal email notifications with other clients
* Emailing photos in Mail.app
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 5th, 2006 at 11:45 am and is filed under Apple Mail, Not Apple Mail. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
One Response to “iPhoto Mailer Patcher in iPhoto 5”
11 January 2006, 11:53 am at 11:53 am
so, in order to get ClientAppSignatures.plist. to open in the correct window, you must open the icon with the program text edit, and then insert the tags under